Now that I have reviewed some of the literature and gathered more information about research through the class lectures and readings, I'm becoming more focused on my research question idea. The question I am looking more closely at is,
"How are digital preservation efforts positively and/or negatively impacting the use of physical archives by the public, researchers, and archivists?"
This question interests me because we are currently in an age where most people communicate and gather information online. I wonder if archives have tracked the changes in the number of in-person or telephone requests for information when they provide it digitally. This study would likely look at archives that have fairly developed digital collections, because the traditional archives with minimal online presence wouldn't see these particular results. Right now, this is looking qualitative and quantitative to me, with numbers and quality of archival use both being looked at. I am planning to use a flexible design, which makes room for changes as the study proceeds. We'll see how this goes as I start developing the proposal further...
Sounds great!
ReplyDelete